Day 1.



Last night, I had nightmares about accidently using hairspray and ruining the BBB Challenge before I even had a chance to begin. And I mean I literally had nightmares. I woke up covered in sweat, grinding my teeth, and totally freaked out. This whole thing isn't even supposed to be that big of a deal. I mean, IT'S JUST HAIR, people!

This morning, my nightmares became a reality when I attempted to do my hair and remembered I wasn't allowed to tease it. See, my go-to wake-up-late hairstyle is a teased, messy bun. This morning, there was no teasing involved. It was a disaster. I wasn't able to create any volume, and the hair that was in place had fallen out within just a few short minutes of me styling it since I had no hairspray. Boo.

Even though my hair is haphazard today, I still thought I'd share a photo or two:

You know what makes this photo sexy? The toilet paper. Oh, and my name badge. OOH yeah.



To create this hair look, these are the steps I followed:
  1. Take a small section of hair from one side of your part. Separate that little section into two pieces and twist them to create the "twists" look. Pin that twist under your hair at the back of your head by your occipital bone (or the bone in the back of your head). 
  2. Repeat step 1 with another section behind the first, and again with another section on the other side of your part. 
  3. Gather your hair to form a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. 
  4. Using a hair tie, create a messy bun. Mine never look the same and are created by just pulling the hair through the tie and looping it into mini buns (if that even makes sense).
  5. Pull on certain pieces to mess the look up a little and to create a bigger hair look (if desired). I'm never a fan of hair in my face, but if you want to pull out some face-framing pieces that would be cool, too.
  6. The Secret... My hair would never do this if it had just been washed. Dirty (or second-day) hair is key for a look like this!
Overall, it really doesn't look that bad... but I'm miserable already. I miss my big hair! Actually... it's not so horrible. It did make getting ready a heck-of-a-lot easier. I just feel bad for all the people who have to look at me :)