Boho Braid.

Sometimes, it is just not convenient to wash your hair. Especially if you really just don't feel like it. I'm sorry if this grosses anyone out... but I'm a huge fan of second-day hair. I would also be a fan of third-day hair... but I can never make it that far. My hair is just a tad too greasy for that.

After yesterday's hot mess of a hairdo, I still had a fair amount of volume left over and it wasn't too dirty. I decided to attempt a look I had seen on the website The Beauty Department. It's called the Boho Braid. There is a whole tutorial about how to do this look on that site.

Basically, the hairdo called for wavy hair... and since mine was still pretty kinky and all over the place, I figured I would give it a go. Since my hair is just a bit too short for the long, messy ponytail, I opted for a bun instead.



Now, this was my first attempt at a reverse French braid, and it was just so easy! I think it might even be more manageable than a regular French braid.

The cool thing about this 'do is that it can be very messy/funky or you can create a very elegant look with it. I'm so thankful I stumbled upon The Beauty Department's website. I have already read each and every one of their posts, and they have given me a lot of ideas for the upcoming year. Also-- they seem to love braids just as much as I do... BONUS!