Back To My Roots.

Almost everyone who knows me thinks of me as a blonde. See, for the first 13 years of my life, I was. Then my fabulous Auntie Al came and visited us in Oklahoma and gave me my first highlights (right in the front, just the 2 pieces on each side of the part... remember that style?). It was love at first highlight. I was addicted. In fact, I've created a little photo-blog of my hair escapades over the years for you to peruse. I hope you enjoy.

Growing up, my hair was always super-blonde. That's me on the left. My sister is on the right.

The day after I graduated high school in June of 2005, I dyed my hair brunette for the first time. It really made my sister and I look like twins!

For the first two years of college from 2005-2007, my hair was long and blonde.

During junior year of college in August of 2007, I chopped my hair off and dyed it brunette again. Some days it looked really nice.

However, some days it just looked downright scary.

During senior year of college in 2009, I dyed my hair blonde and let it grow back out. Then, in February of 2010, a couple months before graduation, I chopped it off and went really blonde. It was super fun.

Once again in the mood for change, exactly a year later, I dyed it brunette again. This photo was from this past February 2011.

In April of 2011, I decided that short and brunette was not working for me, so I lightened it again and had extensions glued in. They lasted a whole month before I couldn't handle them anymore.

My most recent photo, from September of 2011, shows my current color and a little bit of my roots. Oh, and there's also little Miss Moxie May, who is just too cute.

Needless to say, I have been on a hair coloring, cutting, and different style SPIRAL since the age of 13. I really have no idea what my natural hair color is, what my hair looks like when it isn't over-processed, or what my hair is going to do without hairspray and teasing over the next year. 

Some people have suggested that I either highlight my hair or dye it darker before Tuesday, the beginning of Bye Bye Beehive 365. In my opinion, that would defeat the purpose of the next 365 days. I am going for healthy, natural hair. So I'm going to leave it as it is, roots and all. And I'm going to get back in touch with my roots. For the first time in a long time.