The Twisted Step-Sister.

Surprise, surprise... I got up late today. It seems like this is becoming a regular occurrence for me. I think, "Gee, now that I don't have to "do" my hair, I can get up late!" The only problem with that thought is that... well, I can't keep getting up late. Because then, I don't have time to "do" my hair that I'm not supposed to "do." Does any of that make sense?

No? Okay then.

Despite my tardy awakening today, I had a cool hair idea in mind. I was going to attempt The Beauty Department's Twisted Sister. Needless to say... I'll inform you right now that it DID NOT WORK. But I know how to fix it for next time. I think...

Anyway-- I followed the Twisted Sister tutorial almost to a T, except for I forgot one minor detail. I didn't have the how-to photos in front of me while I did my hair this morning, and I totally spaced that you were supposed to "loosely twist" the hair before you pin it into the bun. Instead, I twisted it tightly. Oops. But to be quite honest, I kind of like how it turned out. Plus, since this was 3rd day hair (eww), I kind of had to make it a little bit tighter since it was quite oily (sorry, I know... that's gross). It may not be an elegant updo, but it will suffice for work, play and the gym. Awesome.




One other variation I added was that I pinned the front of my hair up into a bump. Since I'm not allowed to tease my hair to give the crown volume, as the tutorial suggests, I instead opted for some volume in the front that didn't require any back-combing.

Since step-sisters in fairy tales always seem to be less cool, shabby-looking, and always jealous of the princess, I give you my version of Twisted Sister, which is not quite as fancy, a little more homely, and therefore, the Twisted Step-Sister.