Formal.

With so many photos to share today... I don't need to do too much writing! Today I have decided to show you my step-by-step process to create a formal hairdo without a formal styling process. You know, since I can't use any hairspray, products, heat or tease my hair at all... I've got to make do with the basics. And you know what? Surprisingly the basics did the trick (this time).

I hope you enjoy the following photo montage of my before-to-formal look:

Put in Wrap Snap & Go curlers the night before and sleep
 on them to give your hair some good body the next day.

Take out curlers... and behold: Shirley Temple.

Adorb? Not so much.

Shake your head up, down, and all around to loosen
the curls and separate them a little bit.

I prefer to "shake" my head to separate and fluff the curls,
instead of brushing my hair because then it doesn't make
them too fluffy and still keeps the curl in place.

Whoops!!! During the formal event setup, I wrapped my curls
 in my scarf because I didn't want to sweat too much
 (we had to put 300 chair covers on!) and relax the curls all the way!
Oh, and P.S. ... that's Zoë from From A to Zoë.
This was our FATZy and Bee picture :)

Event time! You just know I rocked the Aunie Hawk
 for the event. Boo yah.

The Aunie Hawk delivered volume, oomph, and surprisingly
 didn't fall out at all. I skipped the bun with the longer hair
underneath and just let the whole back hang loose.

FATZy and Bee at the event! Finally... the event is here.

So, as you see... frumpy to formal can be done without products, processing and poofy hair (though I would've killed for some hairspray at one point in the evening)!!!  Do you think you're willing to give the Aunie Hawk a go yet? Or is it still to much of a mullet-look, as my sister says?