Braided Side Topsy Tail.


Don't worry. It's not that bad. Trust me, if I can do it... you can do it!

Last night I just didn't feel like washing my hair. I had done the Zoë Twist yesterday, and I really wanted to give my hair one more day to grease itself up before I washed it. And no-- that's not gross. It's good for my hair, OK? So, instead of the whole shampoo routine, I tried something different. I Wrap Snap & Go curled my dry, dirty hair.

When I woke up, I took out the curlers and was a little dismayed to find that the back hardly curled at all, whereas the front was all spiraled. Bummer. But I gave this style a go anyway and this is the braided side topsy tail that I came up with:




Oh my, I loved it! It's so simple. Here are the steps:
  1. Begin with wavy, crimped, curly or whatever hair you prefer.
  2. Create a deep side part in the front of your hair.
  3. Braid the front sections of your hair and secure them with clear plastic bands.
  4. Pull your hair into a side ponytail.
  5. Using a Topsy Tail tool (or just your own awesome skill), create a small hole right above your ponytail holder.
  6. Pull your ponytail up and through the hole to make a topsy tail. 
  7. Finish with a flower or leave it as-is.
  8. Voila-- you're finished!
This style would be so beautiful for those ladies with longer hair. I just can't wait until mine is longer so it will cascade over my shoulders in soft waves. Oh, that will be the day!


P.S. If you want to see the fun nails I did to go along with that leopard print scarf, click here!