Braid Up Your Bun.


Happy Day-After-Christmas!!

I totally already got my post-jingle-bell shopping in, and saved no money. But that's alright, it was at a consignment shop... so the prices were all drastically reduced anyway.

I'm constantly looking for new ways to mix up my bun, so today I tried a little trick that I saw on The Beauty Department. It's a ballerina bun with a French braid up the back. It's modeled after this style.

Now, you may be wondering how in the heck I did this on my own head. Simple. Kind of.

I pulled the top half of my hair into a ponytail. Then, I flipped my head upside down and French braided the bottom half away from my neck. I secured it with a clear plastic elastic and then included it in the ponytail on top of my head. For the ballerina bun, I simply twisted my ponytail around the ponytail holder and pinned it in place, just like they did at The Beauty Department.

Oh-- and if you're not the most skilled at French braiding... have a buddy help you out! That's why my braid is so messy... it was hard to braid upside down! It's a rockin' style that adds spunk and personality to any messy bun.

xoxo