Ty-Over.

 
Is anyone else a HUGE fan of America's Next Top Model? My brother and I are basically obsessed with that show. We get together and watch it every week. Last year, for the ANTM Cycle 16 Finale, my brother even let me dress him up as Miss J. My brother is 18. I would post a picture of him modeling his Miss J. makeup and attire... but I'm fairly sure he would kill me...


... In fact, when I teased him that I was going to post this picture, he texted me right back and said, "I would be HONORED!" So clearly, I had to post it. See, that's what I mean. We are huge fans of ANTM. HUGE.

When I began BBB, a few people kept suggesting that I donate my hair after the year-long challenge is over as another way to give back to the community. At first, I thought it was a great idea... but I would be far too nervous to do it. I just don't know if I could put in all that work for a whole year (or more) just to give it away.

Then the idea hit me. What if I could get a Ty-Over? I know it's a long shot, but that would totally make chopping my hair off worth it. If you're not familiar with Ty-Overs, they're basically a make-over by Tyra. Some of the girls love them and embrace their new hair-do's, whereas others cry and throw hissy fits at losing a couple inches of hair. It's very comical, and Tyra and her team always make the BEST decisions when it comes to the make-over choices. It's like they just know what a person's best look will be. Now, there have been exceptions, like Molly's blonde weave on Cycle 16. But overall, Tyra knows what's up. She is fierce, people.

So I decided to reach out to Tyra via Twitter... the all-powerful resource. I tweeted a simple message. It read:
If Bye Bye Beehive is successful, I want a Ty-Over in the end! How cool would that be? I'd donate my hair for that!
I didn't think much of it at the time... but I'm serious now. Heck, who wouldn't do anything for a Ty-Over? It would be my dream-come-true. The perks are as follows:
  1. I would get to meet Tyra. Banks. Oh. My. Goodness. She's my idol.
  2. I would get a sweet Ty-Over.
  3. My hair would be donated to Locks of Love.
  4. Did I mention I would get to meet Tyra? Seriously. Dream. Come. True.
Tyra—I need this Ty-Over. It would be the coolest experience of my life. A chance to meet THE Tyra Banks, get a one-of-a-kind make-over, and the opportunity to make one person's dream a reality by donating my hair so it could be made into a wig.

In all seriousness, I know I'm a dork. It won't happen. But it sure is fun to pretend. And dream. And be a silly goof ball. 


PS>> YOU could possibly help! Tweet Tyra @tyrabanks and tell her how cool this would be!! Please!