BYE BYE Bye Bye Beehive?


Ready for some honesty?
No?

Sorry, folks, but you're going to get it anyways.
Here's the deal.
Last October, I began Bye Bye Beehive as a journey to achieve the long, beautiful, healthy hair I've always desired.
Now, 5 months later, I'm ready to move on...
I think it may be time to say "bye bye" to Bye Bye Beehive.

When I began BBB, it was about ME.
My hair, my project, my thing I wanted to do.
Now I feel like it's more about YOU, and trying to just scramble to come up with anything to talk about.
My heart's just not in it.

And here's the thing...
though I have come up with some pretty amazing hairstyles,
I have lost confidence in myself.
I don't enjoy doing my hair the way I used to.
Trust me, when my hair was being processed all the time, I came up with some really cool styles.
I am just not motivated lately to try any more.
My hair just seems to have no life left in it.

I don't look at this as "failing."
It was definitely a learning experience.
I learned that I don't have to have crazy-big hair all the time.
I learned that I can still be beautiful without hairspray.
I learned that I've got some darn-awesome dedication...
5-months is a long time!
I've learned that LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
If your heart's not in it and you're not doing it for you,
then don't even bother.
Why would I waste one more moment of this incredible life
thinking about how I'm not having the best possible experience and doing what I really want to do?

On that note,
I know that life is not all about hair.
Heck, it's such a minor thing that really-- no one cares.
So honestly, I know that you won't HATE me because I couldn't go the whole year.
Even if I did go the whole year, who cares if I'm the "girl who went a year without doing her hair."
I mean, is that supposed to be cool?
To me, it's really not.
I want to enjoy my time, enjoy doing my hair, and enjoy the projects that I take on.
And this very moment... I'm not enjoying myself.

Now... I HAVE NOT decided which route I'm going to take.
But here me on this... it's definitely being considered.

And I'll tell you this... if I do decide to end this project now,
I will most likely be posting sweet hairstyles a lot more often,
only blow-drying my hair once in a while,
and I'll probably continue rockin' the ombre I've currently got going on.
I rather enjoy the whole hippy look I've come to adopt, and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

P.S. If you're interesting in following my daily journey through life, head
straight over to AUNIE SAUCE, my little blog about life, style and all things ME!

bloglovin