Curl Your Hair Without Heat


Last week, I saw a post on my friend Kristen's blog
(Confessions of a Graphic Design Student).
She mentioned how she vintage-style curled her hair with a headband...
with NO heat.
Needless to say, I had to try it.

I began by putting an elastic headband over my slightly damp hair.
I grabbed pieces of my hair and tucked them around the headband,
continuing until I reached the back of my head.
It's really similar to the Holiday Updo that I did in December.
When I reached the back, I simply twisted that hair around and around 
the headband until it was all tucked in.
I slept in my headband overnight...


Daniel said I looked like Friar Tuck.
So this is the "Friar Tuck Method" now and forever in my eyes.
In the morning, I pulled the headband out of my hair and was 
SHOCKED at the curls I got.
Wowza, baby!



They stayed like that almost all day.
Of course they fell out a bit... but I didn't mind.

UPDATE // And just in case you'd like to see how to do this,
I included my very own video tutorial (original inspiration tutorial can be found here).
Enjoy!


Products used in this video:

Oh... and just last night after my shower,
I mentioned to Daniel that I was going to "Friar Tuck" my hair again.
His reaction was so adorable, and clearly showed that he found
that sleep-in style NOT attractive.
I opted for two French braids instead.
Sexy.

UPDATE** For those of you who asked 
if this could someday become a hot new trend... 
yes, the Friar Tuck... 
I've actually worn a version of it out before. 
Check out THIS LINK!

UPDATE PART 2** For those of you who say you
get a red mark on your forehead that won't go away for hours,
after you finish rolling your hair,
push the front of the band up, so it rests in your hairline instead
of on your forehead.
That's what I do!

bloglovin