Dutch Halo Braid

Hairclip: c/o Lilla Rose // Glasses: c/o Firmoo (use code 44378b2c8d for 15% off any order) //  
Boots & Leg Warmers: Runway Fashion Exchange // Photos: Taylor Love Studios

The halo braid has made a couple appearances here before. My first attempt can be found here, and my second here.

My hair is quite a bit longer now than the last time I did it in February, so it was a little harder to get my hair to all fit under the opposite side's braid. For a numbered tutorial for this style, see either of the posts linked above.

You basically do two French or Dutch braids and then tuck the braids up and under the other side's braids, pinning as you go. When you do a regular French halo braid, it's not a problem, since there is extra space under the plaits to hide your tucked-up braid. However, when you do a Dutch halo braid, you have to be tricky with how you get your braid to hide under there. Maybe a video tutorial for this would be good, and that's something I'll consider posting.

I think my favorite recent twist to this braid is the little Flexi Clip I added that I received from Lilla Rose. You can see a really cool shot of it in the second photo. It adds a little bit of sparkle, a little bit of class, and an unexpected little pop to this fun hairstyle.

I'd love to see your version of the halo braid! Tweet me and tag @auniesauce and #halobraid. Can't wait to see what you come up with!